Friday, November 15, 2013

Thursday November 14, 2013  Novel about synesthetic vampires:  Susan Hubbard, The Society of S.  Seen at Minneapolis Central Library.

***Adult Children Anonymous meeting.  Topic:  Laundry List traits 7 and 8:
We get guilt feelings when we stand up for ourselves instead of giving in to others.

We became addicted to excitement.
 
***Comments from:
bubbleblower, 11/13 "I sometimes think in words, and sometimes in pictures.  The pictures are sometimes electronic schematics or other diagrams, and sometimes move (that includes animated diagrams).
 
"I may occasionally think in other modes, but not often."

Dreamshark, 11/13 "Words, mostly."

stardreamer, 11/13 "I think in words, unless I'm specifically trying to visualize something.  This is also one of the reasons I can't read and carry on a conversation at the same time; I 'hear' the words in my head when I'm reading, and they compete for the aural-processing channel."

houseboatonstyx, 11/13 " Pictures Movies Visual diagrams

and

Kinesthetic choreography!

"What NLP calls 'Derived Kino'. As when Lewis said, 'Our muscles respond as we read it.'"

Andre Guirard, 11/13 "I think in condiments."

Lois Fundis, 11/13 "All of the above? Plus music!"

No comments:

Post a Comment