Thursday, June 11, 2015

Saturday May 29, 2015  Thnidu:  "Let's take a train to Bermuda"?

 Gonna need quite a tunnel for that.

[I was thinking of a bridge.]

  href=http://www.metrolyrics.com/lets-get-away-from-it-all-lyrics-frank-sinatra.html>
Let's Get Away From It All
 .......
 And thanks for prompting me to look up the lyrics. I've had bits of this floating around inside my cerebrum for, probably, well over half a  century.)

***Thnidu: "Wednesday May 6, 2015 NYTimes opinion piece on Catholicism had 666 online comments when I looked at it."
 
When I lived in Massachusetts, my phone number was, no [organic fertilizer], 508 877-6666. My kosher butcher said, "One of my other customers also has a phone number ending in 6666. I'll bet when you moved in, somebody at the phone company looked at your last name and said 'That looks Jewish.  Maybe _they_ won't scream and rant about "6666".'"
 
For a while I had a real pain-in-the-[rear] caller, a teenage-sounding boy  who would call up and ask "Is Satan there?" Eventually I called the phone company, who set up a trace... but then they said they couldn't get the  number from it because he was calling from a different area. WTF? The  _phone company_ can't trace past their own boundaries? They just  gave me the usual advice, "Don't say anything, just hang up."
 
Well, for a few more weeks I kept taking it, but it bugged me more and more. (Bugs... six legs... 666... sick, sick, sick...) Finally one time  this dick called, I'd had enough. Unpremeditated, I dropped to a low,  growly, evil voice ( I did <i>lots</i> of voice-acting reading <i>Lord  of the Rings</i> to my kids and playing D&D with them) and answered
 
   YES... AND HE'S COMING FOR  _YOU!_
 
Then I hung up the phone.
 
 And I never heard from the sonofabitch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment