Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tuesday April 2, 2013  Started taking a larger dose of my ADD medication.  (Sertraline; generic zoloft.  This is an off-label use.) 

One effect:  my too-tight muscles loosened noticeably, and my coordination improved slightly.  So it seems these problems aren't entirely due to cerebral palsy.

***The April Hmong Times has an article on young Hmong shamans.

Some had the difficulty that having been raised as Christians, they didn't have the direct cultural background to deal with their transformation into shamans. 

Shamanist phenomena aren't entirely unknown among Christians.  Some Protestant groups have practices very similar to shamanism, to begin with. 

Hasidic Judaism has a rich history of similar phenomena.  (I don't know how much of it goes on these days.)  It's part of my family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment