Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Comments of Comment:

Lee Gold 1/30/14:  "'How do you define 'hate'?"

Being constantly angry at the person for existing.

"I've never devoted much energy to being angry.
I've sometimes despised people or (more properly, in my judgment) their actions.
I've sometimes feared or been wary of people because they might hurt me.
But most of those attitudes were intellectual decisions, not emotional ones.

"Does your synesthesia extend to emotions?"

Not as far as I'm aware.

"I tend to think of anger as fire color:  red or red-orange.
Most of my negative attitudes are ice color:  white or gray.

"As a pre-teen, I did lose my temper a few times physically in a fiery berserk rage,lasting for a minute or two, but never felt like that as a constant emotion.  Your remark sounds as if you did once experience hate as a constant anger.  What color / pattern was it?"

Not as a constant anger, but only when I thought about a person (or organization.)

What I did have constantly was anxiety.  Partly from ADHD, partly from family heritage.

And my synesthesia isn't primarily colors these days, but visual/tactile patterns.

stardreamer 01/30/2014 "***From politicalwire.com:

"Deal Book: 'Sheila C. Bair, a former head of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation who once argued that former regulators should be barred from joining the banks they oversaw, is joining the board of Banco Santander, the Spanish bank said on Monday.'

"From her 2012 book, Bull by the Horns: 'There should be a lifetime ban on regulators working for financial institutions they have regulated.'"

Re Bair, I suspect that this is a close-parsing issue. As a member of the FDIC, she did not directly oversee banks _in Spain_, so it skates by on a technicality. Whether it passes muster on a moral or ethical basis is a different question.
 
Why yes, I _have_ read a lot of genie's-wish stories, why do you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment