Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tuesday January 28, 2014  Morning news: Pete Seeger died.

***The temperature got up to zero F (-27C).  I went out and ran errands.

***Comments of Comment:

Lee Gold 1/26/14:  "'...Woke up during the night, and realized I didn't hate anyone.'

"Sounds very good.

"Pause to introspect.

"There are people (mostly dead) I despise, and people of whom I'm wary, but I don't think there's anyone I hate.

"It would depend, of course, on definitions.

"We could start with yours. How do you define 'hate'?"

Being constantly angry at the person for existing.

***From politicalwire.com:

Deal Book: "Sheila C. Bair, a former head of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation who once argued that former regulators should be barred from joining the banks they oversaw, is joining the board of Banco Santander, the Spanish bank said on Monday."

From her 2012 book, Bull by the Horns: "There should be a lifetime ban on regulators working for financial institutions they have regulated."

No comments:

Post a Comment