Saturday, January 18, 2014

Wednesday January 15, 2014  Muddsuckers, my neighborhood coffeehouse, is closed for renovation.  It's supposed to reopen as Como Grind on Friday (postponed from Monday the 13th.) 

Today, the renovation didn't look only two days away from completion.  And the sign on the main door said "We keep coming up with great ideas," which sounds ominous to me.  [And indeed, target date changed to the 20th.]

The side door still had a sign saying reopening would be on the 13th.  I called them about it.

***Watched television for the first time in at least a week.  I use the coin laundry attached to Joe's Market; and Joe's has a widescreen TV.  It was tuned to CNN.

The closed captioning seemed to be a bit off.  For example, I'm fairly sure "oak pulsion" should have been "expulsion."

Some time in the future, I might have home TV again.  But I won't likely use it to learn the news.

***The Minnesota Orchestra lockout was settled yesterday.  Today, I asked someone to pass on a message to one of the musicians.  "Give __ my condolences on having to go back to work."

No comments:

Post a Comment